Creating a quiz with questions from the Question Library
It is a best practice to create questions in the Question Library and then import them to a quiz. Creating a quiz from the Question Library will ensure that the questions exist in both the library and the quiz. If the quiz is later deleted, you will still have a copy of the questions in the Question Library.
- Who is this for: Online Instructors
- What is required: A quiz and questions in the Question Library that you would like to import to it
If you have already imported or created quiz questions in Desire2Learn, they can be added to a quiz by following these steps.
- Click on the title of the quiz you want to add questions to.
- Click on the Layout/Questions tab.
- Click the Add/Edit Questions button.
- Click the Import button.
- On the next page, you can leave the Import Source field set to “From Existing Collection,” which is the default.
- For the Source Collection, select “Question Library” from the drop down list.
- For the Source Section, select the section in your Question Library that you would like to draw questions from.
- Select the questions you want in include in the quiz by checking the box to the left of each question (or select them all by checking the top box).
- Click Save.
- The questions you have selected will be displayed in the Quiz Layout page. If you want to add more questions, repeat from Step 3.
- When you are finished adding questions, click Done.