Copy course content to a new course
In D2L Brightspace, transferring content from a course or development/template shell to another course is quick and easy. You can choose to copy an entire course or select components to copy.
- Who is this for: Instructors using D2L
- What is required: Access to the D2L course or development/template shell you want to copy and an empty course.
Copy an entire D2L course
Follow these directions to copy an existing course or development/template:
- Go to your empty course offering or destination course
- Click on Course Admin from the nav bar
- Click on Import / Export / Copy Components
- Click on the radio button next to Copy Components from Another Org unit (default)
- Click the Search for offering button
- Click on the Search button (magnifying glass icon) to see the list of courses that you have access to and select the course you want to copy and click Add Selected.
- Note: Make sure you select the right course to copy. There’s no reset button in D2L. If you copy the wrong course, follow these directions to remove content from your course before you re-copy: Remove all content in your D2L course.
- Click Copy All Components.
- The process may take a few minutes. Make sure you get the green check mark to indicate the copying process has been successfully completed.
- Click View Content and check to make sure everything is copied.
- If you get the message that the course is copy completed with errors, contact the Online Faculty Help Desk at 971-722-8227 for help.
Copy selected components
Follow these directions, if you want to only copy selected components:
- Follow steps 1 through 6 above.
- Click Select Components and check the items that you want to copy.
- For example: If you wanted to copy only the Grades, then check Grades, Grades Settings, and select “copy all items.”
- Click Continue. You’ll see a confirmation list of components to copy. Click Finish.
- The process may take a few minutes. When the progress bar is finished you can go and view content.
Directions from D2L: Copying Course Components
Note: Copying selected components from the content area can be tricky. We recommend you call the Faculty Help Desk at 971-722-8227 your first time.