Getting started with Assignment Grader
Assignment Grader App is an application specifically for iPad to grade Dropbox assignments. Either online or offline, Desire2Learn Assignment Grader provides quick and easy access to assignments allowing you to assess using rubrics, annotate with inline comments, and provide personalized text, audio or video feedback.
- Who is this for: All Instructors
- What is required: A Desire2Learn course, the assignment grader app and an iPad capable of running the app.
Step 1: Download the App
- Go to the App Store and download the Assignment Grader App on your iPad.
- Once it downloads, you should see the Assignment Grader app.
Step 2: Log in to the Assignment Grader App
- Tap Assignment Grader App to start.
- Log in using an EduDentity account, which is D2L Brightspace’s identity authentication and account management service, or using your Desire2Learn Learning Environment Account
- Enter the url address (For example: “online.pcc.edu”).
- Tap the Connect button.
- After it is connected, log in using your PCC credentials.
- For the Username, enter your PCC username (For example: “mary.jane“).
- For the Password, enter the same password as your PCC password.
- Tap the Log in button. Assignment Grader will not synchronize with existing Dropboxes.
Step 3: Using the Assignment Grader
Option 1: working online
Option 2: working offline
- These instructions are also available at D2L Brightspace Community website.
- Assignment Grader Annotations
- Changing the settings for Assignment Grader
- Assignment Grader App – Best Practices
- Assignment Grader supports the following file formats:
- Microsoft® Office® (Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®)
- Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Text based format (.txt)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
- Web Pages (.htm and .html)
- Images: .png, .gif,.jpg, and .tiff
- iPad-supported audio/video: eg: H.264, mp3, mp4