Getting started with Assignment Grader
Assignment Grader App is an application specifically for iPad to grade Dropbox assignments. Either online or offline, Desire2Learn Assignment Grader provides quick and easy access to assignments allowing you to assess using rubrics, annotate with inline comments, and provide personalized text, audio or video feedback.
- Who is this for: All Instructors
- What is required: A Desire2Learn course, the assignment grader app and an iPad capable of running the app.
Step 1: Download the App
- Go to the App Store and download the Assignment Grader App on your iPad.
- Once it downloads, you should see the Assignment Grader app.
Step 2: Log in to the Assignment Grader App
- Click Assignment Grader App to start.
- Log in using your Desire2Learn Learning Environment Account
- Enter the url address (For example: “online.pcc.edu”).
- Tap the Connect button.
- After it is connected, log in using your PCC credentials.
- For the Username, enter your PCC username (For example: “mary.jane“).
- For the Password, enter the same password as your PCC password.
- Tap the Log in button. Assignment Grader will not synchronize with existing Dropboxes.
Step 3: Using the Assignment Grader
Option 1: working online
- Sorting the Dropbox folder
- Grading an assignment
- Marking and annotating an assignment
- Using the Rubric tool
- Adding audio and video feedback
- Uploading individual feedback
Option 2: working offline
- Changing the settings for Assignment Grader
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Assignment Grader supports the following file formats:
- Microsoft® Office® (Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®)
- Apple iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Text based format (.txt)
- Rich Text (.rtf)
- Web Pages (.htm and .html)
- Images: .png, .gif,.jpg, and .tiff
- iPad-supported audio/video: eg: H.264, mp3, mp4