Instructional best practices
Our staff and faculty are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
- Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
- Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
- Identify library resources
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
- Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
- Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
- Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
- These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
- Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Evaluate your course for cheating opportunities
- Look at some factors that may make it easier to cheat in your course.
- Eight points to help make sense of OER
- June 27, 2016
- Peter shares 8 take-aways about OER from a conversation with one of our librarians, Jen Klaudinyi.
- OER Accessibility
- May 31, 2016
- OER could be the best opportunity to address inclusive design and accessible content selection from the beginning rather than relying on the accommodation process, which excludes students and has an unmeasurable effect upon success and completion.
- Mentoring? Coaching? Future steps for our mentor program
- May 23, 2016
- Are you aware of our Online Faculty Mentor program? Do you know there’s a faculty mentor responsible for each discipline […]
- View more ...