Instructional best practices
Contact Greg Kaminski
Our staff and faculty are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
- Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
- Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
- Identify library resources
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
- Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
- Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
- Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
- These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
- Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Faculty learning communities: an opportunity for professional growth
- Connect with other faculty to build your online teaching skills. Communities of practice help break down silos.
- 10 free eLearning audio and video tools for teachers
- There are many really useful Audio and Video tools that you can find for free or that might already be on your computer. This article lists 10 free Audio and Video applications, and I explain some pros and cons of these applications.
- The power of choice in the online classroom
- Allowing students to use "Open Inquiry" to explore course-related math concepts has improved student understanding, allows students to chose activities that fit their need, and it has improved rapport in the online class.
- View more ...