Instructional best practices
Contact Greg Kaminski
Our staff and faculty are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
- Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
- Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
- Identify library resources
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
- Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
- Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
- Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
- These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
- Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Evaluate your course for cheating opportunities
- Look at some factors that may make it easier to cheat in your course.
- Paperless classroom in 5 easy steps
- Paperless Classroom practices can be adapted for your campus based course with 5 easy steps. Learn how it's done by Kathy Casto, an English/Reading/Writing instructor from PCC Southeast Campus.
- Using small data
- Forget big data. Use small data like class access or quiz scores to improve student learning through the learning analytics cycle.
- More than chicken scratch: the benefits of hand-written work in an online class (and some apps that assist!)
- Math faculty Ann Cary discusses the benefits of, and methods to support using hand-written work in an online class.
- View more ...