Instructional best practices
Our staff and faculty are involved in a number of professional organizations and are constantly learning about new ways to improve online courses. These instructional best practices are great ways for you to improve assessment in your online course, connect with other faculty, and design interesting and engaging courses.
- Get to know your faculty mentor
- Connect with these experienced online faculty for great ideas specific to your discipline.
- Discover quality course design
- Learn what we expect when reviewing a new online course.
- Identify library resources
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Your faculty librarians have a wealth of resources tailored for your course.
- Discover strategies for teaching online
- Online courses are more than just content. These strategies will help your online students.
- Enhance your course with media
- Media can improve your course, support your learning objectives, and add your personal voice.
- Discover professional organizations
- Connect with professional organizations that are focused on online learning.
- Improve your course management skills
- These tips can help you foster an active course without spending too much time online.
- Engage your students
- Engaged students are more likely to meet course outcomes.
- Evaluate your course for cheating opportunities
- Look at some factors that may make it easier to cheat in your course.
- Releasing Final Grades (Running Points) in D2L grade book
- April 25, 2016
- Releasing final grades to students is one of the most frequent questions that we hear from our instructors about D2L. Review this simple procedure in the post.
- Faculty development at Valencia College: Could PCC do something similar?
- April 18, 2016
- Steve Beining talks about Faculty Development at PCC and compares it to Valencia's strong catalog of development opportunities.
- Simple instructions for accessibility compliance of your online course content
- April 17, 2016
- Some quick answers to questions about accessibility in online classes from Karen Sorensen.
- View more ...