The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. These resources are intended for use by faculty, staff, and administrators involved in the delivery and support of distance learning at the College. We are engaged in work across a variety of areas of focus including:
- Teaching and learning with technology;
- Infrastructure operations for learning technology systems;
- Adoption, production, and use of rich media;
- Accessibility for online instruction;
- Faculty development;
- Online student services;
- Technical support for faculty and students.
We are committed to continuous improvement of high quality learning, student success and completion, expanding access to higher education, and effective and innovative use of technologies and instructional practices.
Distance Education is part of Academic Affairs and is supported by staff in both Distance Education and Instructional Support. For a complete list of our staff, see Instructional Support Contacts.