Archive for the ‘Distance Education’ Category
Using Intelligent Agents
- Learn more about intelligent agents in D2L
Posted May 5, 2015
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric – Online workshop
- Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to improve online course design using the Quality Matters rubric.
Posted April 28, 2015
Massive Data & Video Engagement
- Learn from MOOCs about media use and engagement.
Posted April 27, 2015
Did you caption your video? Do you need to?
- Distance Ed. has changed the requirement for faculty to caption their own videos. Read more about the change and how Distance Ed. and Disability Services are here to support you and your students.
Posted April 21, 2015
What about Font?
- Jim Johnsone talk about typesetting for your online content.
Posted April 13, 2015
D2L Mooc for effective practices using the learning environment
- Learn more about the D2L Learning Environment and some effective practices from this free online MOOC.
Posted April 7, 2015
What’s going on in the world of LMSs?
- Peter explores what's happening regionally with LMS adoption at other colleges and universities as well as trends overall in the market.
Posted April 6, 2015
New Encryption Algorithm for Student Records
- Distance Education is rolling out a new service to use a new encryption algorithm to protect student records.
Posted April 1, 2015
Paperless classroom in 5 easy steps
- Paperless Classroom practices can be adapted for your campus based course with 5 easy steps. Learn how it's done by Kathy Casto, an English/Reading/Writing instructor from PCC Southeast Campus.
Posted March 16, 2015
Using small data
- Forget big data. Use small data like class access or quiz scores to improve student learning through the learning analytics cycle.
Posted March 9, 2015