Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
D2L Mooc for effective practices using the learning environment
- Learn more about the D2L Learning Environment and some effective practices from this free online MOOC.
Posted April 7, 2015
What’s going on in the world of LMSs?
- Peter explores what's happening regionally with LMS adoption at other colleges and universities as well as trends overall in the market.
Posted April 6, 2015
New Encryption Algorithm for Student Records
- Distance Education is rolling out a new service to use a new encryption algorithm to protect student records.
Posted April 1, 2015
Paperless classroom in 5 easy steps
- Paperless Classroom practices can be adapted for your campus based course with 5 easy steps. Learn how it's done by Kathy Casto, an English/Reading/Writing instructor from PCC Southeast Campus.
Posted March 16, 2015
Using small data
- Forget big data. Use small data like class access or quiz scores to improve student learning through the learning analytics cycle.
Posted March 9, 2015
More than chicken scratch: the benefits of hand-written work in an online class (and some apps that assist!)
- Math faculty Ann Cary discusses the benefits of, and methods to support using hand-written work in an online class.
Posted March 2, 2015
A smorgasbord of strategies
- Recent Faculty Learning Community discussions have created a wealth of ideas for improving your online course, your students' experience, and your own course management.
Posted February 23, 2015
Presidents with Disabilities
- In honor of Presidents Day, Karen looks at which past U.S. Presidents had disabilities, and suggests ways to help make that opportunity available to your students.
Posted February 16, 2015
Regional OER Conference coming to PCC
- OER Regional Conferences: Registration Open – for immediate release Be a champion! Use open resources to reduce student costs Open Educational Resources – materials that are freely available on the web or in the library – benefit students immediately through cost savings and can be a great vehicle for faculty looking for new ways to […]
Posted February 10, 2015
What do you think about online course materials sharing?
- Steve looks at the merits and demerits of course sharing to kick off a conversation with the larger college.
Posted February 9, 2015