Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
Are students exceeding your Quiz time limit and submitting late?
- The way that D2L handles late quiz submissions can be somewhat mysterious. Learn how to make quizzes automatically submit when the time limit is up.
Posted June 30, 2014
Mandatory DL Orientation Update
- This is an update from Distance Education about the mandatory DL orientation project and a delay in its implementation until Winter 2015.
Posted June 13, 2014
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 1)
- This is the era where everyone is surrounded by technology. Do you see students around you using their tablets or smartphones to check their emails or do homework waiting at the bus stop? I rely heavily on my phone with my daily schedule and am always checking my messages and emails at least one every hour. There is a rapid rise of students accessing and completing coursework through mobile applications on devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or other devices. It is truly a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning.
See the growth in users accessing our PCC Desire2Learn (D2L) website with mobile devices vs. computers from Google Analytic data. Learn how to create a mobile-friendly course. It’s the real power of mobile learning, learning at your fingertip.
Posted June 2, 2014
PCC attends Oregon Open Educational Resource Summit in Astoria, OR
- PCC attends a state Open Educational Resources (OER) summit in Astoria, OR to investigate options for using free resources in online classes.
Posted June 2, 2014
Keeping in touch with your online class using Notifications
- Keeping in touch with your class activities without being logged into your Desire2Learn account is easy with Notifications. By selecting an appropriate setting you can choose the type and amount of updates you receive.
Posted May 27, 2014
Looking for subject area media? Search Twitter for #YouTube
- Use a twitter hashtag search to find relevant media for your online courses.
Posted May 19, 2014
Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014
- Distance Ed (and others) are celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014.
Posted May 15, 2014
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
An opportunity for self-reflection
- Use the QM Self Review tool to reflect on your course design.
Posted May 5, 2014
Another successful Subject Area Accessibility Study concludes!
- Faculty from CIS, CAS, and CS have finished a term-long study of accessibility issues unique to their disciplines. See what they learned from their work.
Posted April 28, 2014