Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
Looking for subject area media? Search Twitter for #YouTube
- Use a twitter hashtag search to find relevant media for your online courses.
Posted May 19, 2014
Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014
- Distance Ed (and others) are celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014.
Posted May 15, 2014
Making the most of publisher content
- Finding a text with great ancillaries was a win for me in creating a content rich course and a win for my students in their ability to successfully complete the course.
Posted May 12, 2014
An opportunity for self-reflection
- Use the QM Self Review tool to reflect on your course design.
Posted May 5, 2014
Another successful Subject Area Accessibility Study concludes!
- Faculty from CIS, CAS, and CS have finished a term-long study of accessibility issues unique to their disciplines. See what they learned from their work.
Posted April 28, 2014
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Best Practice? A BEST way to teaching something to everyone?
- Reflection on the phrase "Best Practice" and how it relates to good practice, smart practice, continuous improvement, and the role of our department and this blog.
Posted April 9, 2014
Drone proctoring now available
- See the new drone proctoring service available for remote online students.
Posted April 1, 2014
Great tips for creating educationally effective audio/video content
- Audio and video instructional materials can enhance your courses, increase engagement, and improve learning outcomes if used effectively.
Posted March 17, 2014
Using the Wiris equation editor in D2L
- Try this java-free equation editor in your online class.
Posted March 16, 2014