Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
The era of mobile learning: a revolution of true anytime, anywhere learning (part 2)
- Would you like to access Desire2Learn from your mobile devices, such as an iPad, iPod/iPhone, Android, and Blackberry? Learn what you can actually do and what apps are currently available to use.
Posted December 8, 2014
Happy Universal Design Monday!
- Check out these great "early adopter" technologies that were originally created as part of assistive technology, and learn about Universal Design for Learning.
Posted December 2, 2014
Paperless Classroom. Bring your own devices!
- Paperless Classroom for Distance Learning is the reality now, but it still can be a challenge for many Face-to Face teaching instructors. This week Southeast based ESOL instructor Sharon Hennessy talks about her experience with going paperless.
Posted November 24, 2014
- We've recently completed a new website redesign to better assist prospective and current students and create a rich pool of resources that help students succeed in online classes.
Posted November 21, 2014
Be Brave. Be Bold. Tweet!
- Social media is over hyped for sure. But used wisely it really can keep your D2L course fresh, current & fun. Why not give Twitter a try to complement your class content and boost student engagement?
Posted November 17, 2014
Next round of Faculty Learning Community sessions
- Although the Faculty Learning Communities are still in the beginning stages at each campus, they are starting to take on a character of their own. Details for the upcoming sessions are linked below, but first… A few highlights… What a wealth of online teaching strategies online instructors have to share! Just to name a few, […]
Posted November 10, 2014
- Enjoy free beer in your online class, assuming that BEER is Beautifully Engaging Education Resources. Monica looks at some excellent tools for finding open and engaging content in your course.
Posted November 3, 2014
Using BB Collaborate for assessment
- Use BB Collaborate to assess your students and connect with them more personally.
Posted October 27, 2014
Faculty Learning Communities for online instructors
- Join a faculty learning community to connect with other online instructors.
Posted October 20, 2014
Efficiency or Bust
- Ann Cary discusses the challenge of efficiency in course management and assessment to improve student success.
Posted October 13, 2014