Archive for the ‘News’ Category
“Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” online workshop
- Date: Tuesday, November 3rd – Thursday, November 19th Facilitators: • Greg Kaminski (PCC) • Tani McBeth (PCC/Clark) • GwenEllyn Anderson (Chemeketa) This workshop explores the Quality Matters Rubric and provides a framework to improve the quality of online course design. This is the QM foundation workshop for anyone who might be interested in participating on a […]
Posted August 13, 2015
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric – Online workshop
- Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to improve online course design using the Quality Matters rubric.
Posted April 28, 2015
Did you caption your video? Do you need to?
- Distance Ed. has changed the requirement for faculty to caption their own videos. Read more about the change and how Distance Ed. and Disability Services are here to support you and your students.
Posted April 21, 2015
D2L Mooc for effective practices using the learning environment
- Learn more about the D2L Learning Environment and some effective practices from this free online MOOC.
Posted April 7, 2015
New Encryption Algorithm for Student Records
- Distance Education is rolling out a new service to use a new encryption algorithm to protect student records.
Posted April 1, 2015
Regional OER Conference coming to PCC
- OER Regional Conferences: Registration Open – for immediate release Be a champion! Use open resources to reduce student costs Open Educational Resources – materials that are freely available on the web or in the library – benefit students immediately through cost savings and can be a great vehicle for faculty looking for new ways to […]
Posted February 10, 2015
Copyright conversations for faculty
- Learn more about copyright for faculty with these TLC sessions in February.
Posted January 27, 2015
Announcing the Start Guide for Online Learners
- Starting January 20th, First time online students will need to complete the Virtual Backpack/Start Guide for Online Learners before they can register for their first online class.
Posted January 20, 2015
Faculty Learning Communities for online instructors
- Join a faculty learning community to connect with other online instructors.
Posted October 20, 2014
Distance Learning Faculty- Get paid to create video for your course!
- Congratulations to the 2013/14 participants of Video Camp! Check out their wonderful productions: Roger Anunsen, Gerontology “The Aging Mind” Playlist Tatiana Snyder, Psychology “What is a Sports Psychologist?” and “What is a Forensic Psychologist?” Glenn Johnson, Health & Physical Education – “Exercises with Proper Form Series” Playlist Do you want to create beautiful and […]
Posted October 1, 2014