Archive for the ‘News’ Category
“Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” – Online workshop for Oregon CC instructors
- I am pleased to announce the next opportunity for online instructors at PCC and other community colleges in Oregon to participate in the online workshop “Applying the Quality Matters Rubric.” The workshop will start on Tuesday, October 28th and end two weeks later. It will be facilitated jointly by Kristen Kane (Columbia Gorge CC), Tani […]
Posted August 21, 2014
Distance Learning Faculty- Get paid to create video for your course!
- Sign up for Video Camp to work with professionals to create media for your online course.
Posted June 30, 2014
Mandatory DL Orientation Update
- This is an update from Distance Education about the mandatory DL orientation project and a delay in its implementation until Winter 2015.
Posted June 13, 2014
PCC attends Oregon Open Educational Resource Summit in Astoria, OR
- PCC attends a state Open Educational Resources (OER) summit in Astoria, OR to investigate options for using free resources in online classes.
Posted June 2, 2014
Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014
- Distance Ed (and others) are celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014.
Posted May 15, 2014
Another successful Subject Area Accessibility Study concludes!
- Faculty from CIS, CAS, and CS have finished a term-long study of accessibility issues unique to their disciplines. See what they learned from their work.
Posted April 28, 2014
Drone proctoring now available
- See the new drone proctoring service available for remote online students.
Posted April 1, 2014
Using the Wiris equation editor in D2L
- Try this java-free equation editor in your online class.
Posted March 16, 2014
Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Accessibility
- Get information on Open Educational Resources (OERs) that support accessibility and reduce costs for students through these free webinars.
Posted March 6, 2014
Desire2Learn 10.3 upgrade coming this summer
- See the updates coming to Desire2Learn 10.3, which PCC will be upgrading to in June 2014.
Posted March 4, 2014