Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Distance Learning Faculty- Get paid to create video for your course!
- Sign up for Video Camp to work with professionals to create media for your online course.
Posted June 30, 2014
Mandatory DL Orientation Update
- This is an update from Distance Education about the mandatory DL orientation project and a delay in its implementation until Winter 2015.
Posted June 13, 2014
PCC attends Oregon Open Educational Resource Summit in Astoria, OR
- PCC attends a state Open Educational Resources (OER) summit in Astoria, OR to investigate options for using free resources in online classes.
Posted June 2, 2014
Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014
- Distance Ed (and others) are celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2014.
Posted May 15, 2014
Another successful Subject Area Accessibility Study concludes!
- Faculty from CIS, CAS, and CS have finished a term-long study of accessibility issues unique to their disciplines. See what they learned from their work.
Posted April 28, 2014
Drone proctoring now available
- See the new drone proctoring service available for remote online students.
Posted April 1, 2014
Using the Wiris equation editor in D2L
- Try this java-free equation editor in your online class.
Posted March 16, 2014
Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Accessibility
- Get information on Open Educational Resources (OERs) that support accessibility and reduce costs for students through these free webinars.
Posted March 6, 2014
Desire2Learn 10.3 upgrade coming this summer
- See the updates coming to Desire2Learn 10.3, which PCC will be upgrading to in June 2014.
Posted March 4, 2014
Results from the spring 2013 DL student survey
- See results from the Spring 2013 DL Student Survey.
Posted January 29, 2014