Archive for the ‘News’ Category
Did you caption your video? Do you need to?
- Distance Ed. has changed the requirement for faculty to caption their own videos. Read more about the change and how Distance Ed. and Disability Services are here to support you and your students.
Posted April 21, 2015
D2L Mooc for effective practices using the learning environment
- Learn more about the D2L Learning Environment and some effective practices from this free online MOOC.
Posted April 7, 2015
New Encryption Algorithm for Student Records
- Distance Education is rolling out a new service to use a new encryption algorithm to protect student records.
Posted April 1, 2015
Regional OER Conference coming to PCC
- OER Regional Conferences: Registration Open – for immediate release Be a champion! Use open resources to reduce student costs Open Educational Resources – materials that are freely available on the web or in the library – benefit students immediately through cost savings and can be a great vehicle for faculty looking for new ways to […]
Posted February 10, 2015
Copyright conversations for faculty
- Learn more about copyright for faculty with these TLC sessions in February.
Posted January 27, 2015
Announcing the Start Guide for Online Learners
- Starting January 20th, First time online students will need to complete the Virtual Backpack/Start Guide for Online Learners before they can register for their first online class.
Posted January 20, 2015
Faculty Learning Communities for online instructors
- Join a faculty learning community to connect with other online instructors.
Posted October 20, 2014
Distance Learning Faculty- Get paid to create video for your course!
- Congratulations to the 2013/14 participants of Video Camp! Check out their wonderful productions: Roger Anunsen, Gerontology “The Aging Mind” Playlist Tatiana Snyder, Psychology “What is a Sports Psychologist?” and “What is a Forensic Psychologist?” Glenn Johnson, Health & Physical Education – “Exercises with Proper Form Series” Playlist Do you want to create beautiful and […]
Posted October 1, 2014
PCC offering free MOOC for online educators
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (#WAMOE) Registration opens today! Free 5 week course from October 20 to November 22. WAMOE! We are excited to announce that PCC’s Distance Education department is partnering with D2L to offer a free Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (Twitter hashtag: #WAMOE). This MOOC provides educators with practical, hands-on […]
Posted September 29, 2014
Webinar: 104 Best Practices for D2L Technology on Sept. 23rd
- Check out these great tips for using D2L as you start the academic year.
Posted September 16, 2014