Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 1
- Part 1 of 3 on posts about use of images and video in online courses with specific recommendations that help you manage media and select options that compliment but don't compromise your content.
Posted August 24, 2015
“Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” online workshop
- Date: Tuesday, November 3rd – Thursday, November 19th Facilitators: • Greg Kaminski (PCC) • Tani McBeth (PCC/Clark) • GwenEllyn Anderson (Chemeketa) This workshop explores the Quality Matters Rubric and provides a framework to improve the quality of online course design. This is the QM foundation workshop for anyone who might be interested in participating on a […]
Posted August 13, 2015
Instructor presence: It can be ‘ruff’ for your online students…
- Monica Marlo discusses the efficacy of using instructor intro videos in online classes based on recent research.
Posted August 3, 2015
Offsetting all the dates at once with Manage Dates tool
- Learn how to change all your dates at ones using Offset option in the Manage Dates tools of D2L.
Posted July 20, 2015
Finding non-engaged students (and imposters)
- Use the Class View of the User Progress tool to get a view of student activity during the first week to identify students who are struggling, and maybe even an imposter!
Posted June 30, 2015
How we read differently on the web
- Peter discusses two things he's learned about writing for and reading on the web related to instructor responses and size and length of text blocks.
Posted June 22, 2015
More data on video usage at PCC
- Video usage data from MOOCs match video usage at PCC. Look at these samples taken from Kaltura and Mediasite to understand viewing patterns for online videos.
Posted June 1, 2015
Take a walk on a bright side! Brightspace video tutorials
- There is a full assortment of video tutorials released by D2L can be found on the community.brightspace.com website and Brightspace Tutorials YouTube channel. Just search and find the answers to your D2L related questions.
Posted May 18, 2015
Online Presentations Made Easy
- Economics instructor and faculty mentor Rondi Schei talks about options for making presentations more engaging, including which tools she uses for her online classes.
Posted May 11, 2015
Using Intelligent Agents
- Learn more about intelligent agents in D2L
Posted May 5, 2015