Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
- We've recently completed a new website redesign to better assist prospective and current students and create a rich pool of resources that help students succeed in online classes.
Posted November 21, 2014
Be Brave. Be Bold. Tweet!
- Social media is over hyped for sure. But used wisely it really can keep your D2L course fresh, current & fun. Why not give Twitter a try to complement your class content and boost student engagement?
Posted November 17, 2014
Next round of Faculty Learning Community sessions
- Although the Faculty Learning Communities are still in the beginning stages at each campus, they are starting to take on a character of their own. Details for the upcoming sessions are linked below, but first… A few highlights… What a wealth of online teaching strategies online instructors have to share! Just to name a few, […]
Posted November 10, 2014
- Enjoy free beer in your online class, assuming that BEER is Beautifully Engaging Education Resources. Monica looks at some excellent tools for finding open and engaging content in your course.
Posted November 3, 2014
Using BB Collaborate for assessment
- Use BB Collaborate to assess your students and connect with them more personally.
Posted October 27, 2014
Faculty Learning Communities for online instructors
- Join a faculty learning community to connect with other online instructors.
Posted October 20, 2014
Efficiency or Bust
- Ann Cary discusses the challenge of efficiency in course management and assessment to improve student success.
Posted October 13, 2014
To Wrap or not to Wrap, is that the question?
- Improve your page layout by wrapping text around images.
Posted October 6, 2014
Distance Learning Faculty- Get paid to create video for your course!
- Congratulations to the 2013/14 participants of Video Camp! Check out their wonderful productions: Roger Anunsen, Gerontology “The Aging Mind” Playlist Tatiana Snyder, Psychology “What is a Sports Psychologist?” and “What is a Forensic Psychologist?” Glenn Johnson, Health & Physical Education – “Exercises with Proper Form Series” Playlist Do you want to create beautiful and […]
Posted October 1, 2014
PCC offering free MOOC for online educators
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (#WAMOE) Registration opens today! Free 5 week course from October 20 to November 22. WAMOE! We are excited to announce that PCC’s Distance Education department is partnering with D2L to offer a free Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (Twitter hashtag: #WAMOE). This MOOC provides educators with practical, hands-on […]
Posted September 29, 2014