Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
Finding non-engaged students (and imposters)
- Use the Class View of the User Progress tool to get a view of student activity during the first week to identify students who are struggling, and maybe even an imposter!
Posted June 30, 2015
How we read differently on the web
- Peter discusses two things he's learned about writing for and reading on the web related to instructor responses and size and length of text blocks.
Posted June 22, 2015
More data on video usage at PCC
- Video usage data from MOOCs match video usage at PCC. Look at these samples taken from Kaltura and Mediasite to understand viewing patterns for online videos.
Posted June 1, 2015
Take a walk on a bright side! Brightspace video tutorials
- There is a full assortment of video tutorials released by D2L can be found on the community.brightspace.com website and Brightspace Tutorials YouTube channel. Just search and find the answers to your D2L related questions.
Posted May 18, 2015
Online Presentations Made Easy
- Economics instructor and faculty mentor Rondi Schei talks about options for making presentations more engaging, including which tools she uses for her online classes.
Posted May 11, 2015
Using Intelligent Agents
- Learn more about intelligent agents in D2L
Posted May 5, 2015
Applying the Quality Matters Rubric – Online workshop
- Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to improve online course design using the Quality Matters rubric.
Posted April 28, 2015
Massive Data & Video Engagement
- Learn from MOOCs about media use and engagement.
Posted April 27, 2015
Did you caption your video? Do you need to?
- Distance Ed. has changed the requirement for faculty to caption their own videos. Read more about the change and how Distance Ed. and Disability Services are here to support you and your students.
Posted April 21, 2015
What about Font?
- Jim Johnsone talk about typesetting for your online content.
Posted April 13, 2015