Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
Using web conferencing tools to enhance students’ experiences
- Web collaboration tools can be used to overcome some of the limitations of online courses, and can support effective learning and training opportunities at the college.
Posted March 10, 2014
Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Accessibility
- Get information on Open Educational Resources (OERs) that support accessibility and reduce costs for students through these free webinars.
Posted March 6, 2014
Desire2Learn 10.3 upgrade coming this summer
- See the updates coming to Desire2Learn 10.3, which PCC will be upgrading to in June 2014.
Posted March 4, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
How can we keep up with what technology has to offer?
- A collection of options for exploring new technology in the higher education realm.
Posted February 24, 2014
Parking, Mafia humor and your online class
- I’d like to use an issue that erupted a brouhaha on the Sylvania campus group mail over the past week to talk about an easy and powerful way you can improve your online class. If you don’t subscribe to the Sylvania email group, you might be unaware that there has been a lively interaction between […]
Posted February 17, 2014
Using a syllabus quiz to reinforce course expectations
- Use a syllabus quiz to reinforce understanding of course expectations.
Posted February 10, 2014
The Desire2Learn Community
- Connect with a community of other Desire2Learn using faculty, designers, and support staff.
Posted February 3, 2014
Results from the spring 2013 DL student survey
- See results from the Spring 2013 DL Student Survey.
Posted January 29, 2014
Accessibility Handbooks Available!
- Get a handy guide for making accessible content for your online course.
Posted January 28, 2014