Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
Back it up
- Back up your course. An irrefutable best practice.
Posted April 14, 2014
Best Practice? A BEST way to teaching something to everyone?
- Reflection on the phrase "Best Practice" and how it relates to good practice, smart practice, continuous improvement, and the role of our department and this blog.
Posted April 9, 2014
Drone proctoring now available
- See the new drone proctoring service available for remote online students.
Posted April 1, 2014
Great tips for creating educationally effective audio/video content
- Audio and video instructional materials can enhance your courses, increase engagement, and improve learning outcomes if used effectively.
Posted March 17, 2014
Using the Wiris equation editor in D2L
- Try this java-free equation editor in your online class.
Posted March 16, 2014
Using web conferencing tools to enhance students’ experiences
- Web collaboration tools can be used to overcome some of the limitations of online courses, and can support effective learning and training opportunities at the college.
Posted March 10, 2014
Open Educational Resources (OERs) and Accessibility
- Get information on Open Educational Resources (OERs) that support accessibility and reduce costs for students through these free webinars.
Posted March 6, 2014
Desire2Learn 10.3 upgrade coming this summer
- See the updates coming to Desire2Learn 10.3, which PCC will be upgrading to in June 2014.
Posted March 4, 2014
Who’s Using the Content Area in Your Class?
- Find out which content your students are viewing in your course with this nifty report.
Posted March 3, 2014
How can we keep up with what technology has to offer?
- A collection of options for exploring new technology in the higher education realm.
Posted February 24, 2014