Archive for the ‘Faculty’ Category
- Writing instructor Caroline LeGuin's open letter of hope and thanks to our community following recent tragic events at Umpqua.
Posted October 5, 2015
Fall Faculty Learning Communities: Focus on Rubrics
- Learn about rubrics and create one to use in your online course.
Posted October 2, 2015
Your Knowledge + Our Production Team = Video Camp!
- Distance Learning Faculty - Get paid to create engaging and professional media for your fully online courses!
Posted September 30, 2015
Introducing a guide for new and experienced online instructors
- Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
Posted September 28, 2015
Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 3
- Part 3 of 3 on posts about use of images and video in online courses with specific recommendations that help you manage media and select options that compliment but don't compromise your content. This post focuses on video.
Posted September 21, 2015
Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 2
- Michael Moss shares some tips for managing and archiving images when you are using them in online courses.
Posted September 15, 2015
Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 1
- Part 1 of 3 on posts about use of images and video in online courses with specific recommendations that help you manage media and select options that compliment but don't compromise your content.
Posted August 24, 2015
“Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” online workshop
- Date: Tuesday, November 3rd – Thursday, November 19th Facilitators: • Greg Kaminski (PCC) • Tani McBeth (PCC/Clark) • GwenEllyn Anderson (Chemeketa) This workshop explores the Quality Matters Rubric and provides a framework to improve the quality of online course design. This is the QM foundation workshop for anyone who might be interested in participating on a […]
Posted August 13, 2015
Instructor presence: It can be ‘ruff’ for your online students…
- Monica Marlo discusses the efficacy of using instructor intro videos in online classes based on recent research.
Posted August 3, 2015
Offsetting all the dates at once with Manage Dates tool
- Learn how to change all your dates at ones using Offset option in the Manage Dates tools of D2L.
Posted July 20, 2015