Archive for the ‘Distance Education’ Category
Using BB Collaboarte for assessment
- Use BB Collaborate to assess your students and connect with them more personally.
Posted October 27, 2014
Faculty Learning Communities for online instructors
- Join a faculty learning community to connect with other online instructors.
Posted October 20, 2014
Efficiency or Bust
- Ann Cary discusses the challenge of efficiency in course management and assessment to improve student success.
Posted October 13, 2014
To Wrap or not to Wrap, is that the question?
- Improve your page layout by wrapping text around images.
Posted October 6, 2014
Distance Learning Faculty- Get paid to create video for your course!
- Congratulations to the 2013/14 participants of Video Camp! Check out their wonderful productions: Roger Anunsen, Gerontology “The Aging Mind” Playlist Tatiana Snyder, Psychology “What is a Sports Psychologist?” and “What is a Forensic Psychologist?” Glenn Johnson, Health & Physical Education – “Exercises with Proper Form Series” Playlist Do you want to create beautiful and […]
Posted October 1, 2014
PCC offering free MOOC for online educators
- Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (#WAMOE) Registration opens today! Free 5 week course from October 20 to November 22. WAMOE! We are excited to announce that PCC’s Distance Education department is partnering with D2L to offer a free Web Accessibility MOOC for Online Educators (Twitter hashtag: #WAMOE). This MOOC provides educators with practical, hands-on […]
Posted September 29, 2014
Learning contracts for online learners
- Learning contracts are an alternative to the "take it or leave it" terms of a traditional syllabus. The real power of a learning contract is in reaching a learner at her level at the beginning of the learning experience.
Posted September 29, 2014
Webinar: 104 Best Practices for D2L Technology on Sept. 23rd
- Check out these great tips for using D2L as you start the academic year.
Posted September 16, 2014
Faculty learning communities: an opportunity for professional growth
- Connect with other faculty to build your online teaching skills. Communities of practice help break down silos.
Posted August 25, 2014
“Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” – Online workshop for Oregon CC instructors
- I am pleased to announce the next opportunity for online instructors at PCC and other community colleges in Oregon to participate in the online workshop “Applying the Quality Matters Rubric.” The workshop will start on Tuesday, October 28th and end two weeks later. It will be facilitated jointly by Kristen Kane (Columbia Gorge CC), Tani […]
Posted August 21, 2014