Archive for the ‘Distance Education’ Category
More than chicken scratch: the benefits of hand-written work in an online class (and some apps that assist!)
- Math faculty Ann Cary discusses the benefits of, and methods to support using hand-written work in an online class.
Posted March 2, 2015
Finding online classes that aren’t full
- Find out which online classes still have space in them.
Posted February 24, 2015
A smorgasbord of strategies
- Recent Faculty Learning Community discussions have created a wealth of ideas for improving your online course, your students' experience, and your own course management.
Posted February 23, 2015
Presidents with Disabilities
- In honor of Presidents Day, Karen looks at which past U.S. Presidents had disabilities, and suggests ways to help make that opportunity available to your students.
Posted February 16, 2015
Regional OER Conference coming to PCC
- OER Regional Conferences: Registration Open – for immediate release Be a champion! Use open resources to reduce student costs Open Educational Resources – materials that are freely available on the web or in the library – benefit students immediately through cost savings and can be a great vehicle for faculty looking for new ways to […]
Posted February 10, 2015
What do you think about online course materials sharing?
- Steve looks at the merits and demerits of course sharing to kick off a conversation with the larger college.
Posted February 9, 2015
Get Googly with Google Docs
- Get Googly with Google Docs! Learn some neat tips to uncover some hidden features in Google Docs for research and turn your class into paperless classroom.
Posted February 2, 2015
Copyright conversations for faculty
- Learn more about copyright for faculty with these TLC sessions in February.
Posted January 27, 2015
LMS tricks from Northwest ELearning
- Use these browser tricks to simplify your work flow around LMS. Start with these 5 and follow to www.edtech2020.org for many more. This is the resource site of Tim Chase from Baker Charter Schools. We met him this fall at Northwest e-Learning conference.
Posted January 26, 2015
Announcing the Start Guide for Online Learners
- Starting January 20th, First time online students will need to complete the Virtual Backpack/Start Guide for Online Learners before they can register for their first online class.
Posted January 20, 2015