Contact info: email@example.com
More about Andy FreedI'm the Manager of Technology and Support in the Distance Education department, where I oversee our infrastructure, technical support, and online student services group. I've been with the College since 2001 and have worked in several positions, from technical support to, well, more complicated and fancier technical support. I believe that technology can help remove barriers so that our students can attain their educational goals. I also believe that technology can become that barrier if not well considered, well implemented, and well supported. Our Distance Education department supports students from all over the Portland Metro region and far beyond. One of my goals is to provide, at a minimum, equivalent access to education for students through creative solutions, dedicated staff, and collaborative efforts with the College at large. Check out my video introduction, and please contact me if you have any questions about Distance Ed, our services, our technology, or if you're having problems.
- D2L CD update 10.6.7 for November 2016
- The November update includes a few change related to rubrics, intelligent agents, the HTML editor, and the quiz tool Posted November 25, 2016
- WeBWorK integration with D2L Brightspace
- You can now pass cumulative or total course grade back from WeBWorK to D2L. Posted November 18, 2016
- Collaborate Ultra training on Nov 17th.
- Learn about Collaborate Ultra by attending an online training on Nov. 17th at 9am. Posted November 9, 2016
- Tools to improve writing on the web 1
- Improve your writing for the web with these two easy tools. Posted October 18, 2016
- Now available – royalty free media to enhance your course!
- Distance Education is providing pilot access to royalty free media collections during 2016-17. Posted October 7, 2016
- Retiring legacy Collaborate/Online Rooms in December 2016
- Distance Ed. will be discontinuing the legacy Collaborate/Online Rooms tool in December in favor of the newer Collaborate Ultra online conferencing tool. Posted October 7, 2016
- D2L CD update 10.6.5 for September 2016
- CD update 10.6.5 adds quiz export and audio/video feedback options. Posted September 19, 2016
- D2L Tool name changes for fall
- Some tools in D2L will be getting a name change for fall term. Posted September 4, 2016
- D2L CD update 10.6.4 for August 2016
- The August CD update is mostly hidden, but there are some cool updates to the Intelligent Agent tool. Posted August 23, 2016
- 2016 Service Award Recipients
- Six Distance Ed. staff celebrate 82 years of service to PCC. Posted August 2, 2016