Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

Choosing Due Dates

Posted by | 1 comment

The due dates calendaryou set for your course can have a significant impact on student success. Here are a few things to consider when choosing dates:

• Be mindful of the Student Help Desk┬áhours so that students can get help if they are submitting near the deadline.
  • Some instructors prefer to schedule due dates on a day when they will be available to answer any last minute questions students might have.
  • Having consistent due dates will help students stay organized and complete their work on time.

There is one comment for this article. If you see something that doesn't belong, please click the x and report it.

x by Peter Seaman 1 year ago

Great tips, Clayton! And thanks for teaching me about the Manage Dates link in D2L (under Edit Course), where I can change all of my due dates in one swell foop. It’s a great tool to use each time I update my course for the new term. Thanks.

Add to the discussion

PCC offers this limited open forum as an extension of the respectful, well-reasoned discourse we expect in our classroom discussions. As such, we welcome all viewpoints, but monitor comments to be sure they stick to the topic and contribute to the conversation. We will remove them if they contain or link to abusive material, personal attacks, profanity, off-topic items, or spam. This is the same behavior we require in our hallways and classrooms. Our online spaces are no different.