Head Coach, Women's Basketball
Portland Community College is seeking a Head Coach for the Women's Basketball Program, located at the beautiful Cascade Gym at PCC's Cascade Campus (600 N. Killingsworth, Portland, Oregon). This part-time position reports to the Director of Athletic and works with campus departments, and athletic commissioners to ensure compliance with all NWAACC rules, and receive a stipend of ($5000). The program is seeking a coach with a history of winning records, and producing academically successful student athletes.
Open Until Filled. For best consideration please apply by April 5, 2013.
- Recruit eligible players and assure that they are aware of the requirements and expenses of attending the college.
- Determine which players will be offered letters of intent and tuition waivers. Assure that all players understand the terms and conditions for receiving tuition waivers at PCC.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of eligibility rules, and assure that the athletic office has all the information needed for completion of eligibility forms and records.
- Assure that players complete all requirements to play and practice (e.g., completion of financial aid applications, enrollment in required courses, meeting with academic advisor, and other items in the Player Agreement).
- Work with the assigned academic advisor and athletic staff to track players’ academic progress.
- Work with athletic staff to schedule athletic events, abiding by the league schedules set up by the region commissioners.
- Transport teams to events and provide supervision before and after games; meet all scheduled obligations; work with athletic staff to manage travel money, insure safety, and promote safety and ethical behavior.
- Assure that game scores are reported to the NWAACC office and local media, and that statistics, receipts, and other required paperwork is submitted in a timely manner.
- Insure that athletes have completed physical exams and are trained and conditioned.
- Be familiar with and comply with all basketball policies, procedures, rules and regulations, including NWAACC rules related to eligibility, playing season dates, pre-game activities, travel squad size, protests, home team responsibilities, scrimmage rules and conference tournament schedule, etc.
- Teach basketball fundamentals and coach students to achieve their potential.
- Attend NWAACC and Southern Region coaches meetings, including preseason and postseason Southern Region meetings.
- Promote the basketball program to student body, faculty, and community. Assist the athletic department in fundraising efforts.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience coaching college-level basketball; bachelor’s degree preferred; current First Aid/CPR Certification (or ability to obtain upon hiring); valid unrestricted Oregon Driver’s License; master’s degree and experience teaching advanced basketball preferred.
Please submit letter of application, resume, and references by April 5, 2013 to:
Portland Community College
PO Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280
PCC actively encourages minorities, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.