Resources and Information
Affirmative Action & Equal Employment Opportunity Laws
- Overview of the Supreme Court Rulings on the University of Michigan Cases
- Affirmative Action Review, July 1995: A review of affirmative action
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967: An act to prohibit age discrimination in employment.
- American Association for Affirmative Action is the association of professionals managing affirmative action, equal opportunity, diversity and other human resource programs.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Titles I and IV: An act to establish a clear and comprehensive prohibition of discrimination on the basis of disability
- Title VII of The Civil Rights Act of 1964: An act to enforce the constitutional right to vote, to confer jurisdiction upon the district courts of the United States to provide injunctive relief against discrimination in public accommodations, to authorize the Attorney General to institute suits to protect constitutional rights in public facilities and public education, to extend the Commission on Civil Rights, to prevent discrimination in federally assisted programs, to establish a Commission on Equal Employment Opportunity and for other purposes.
- Civil Rights Act of 1991: An act to amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to strengthen and improve Federal rights laws, to provide for damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination, to clarify provisions regarding disparate impact actions, and for other purposes.
- Minority Resource Center is the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) focal point for all issues relating to minority education in community colleges.
- Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs: The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) is part of the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment Standards Administration. It has a national network of six Regional Offices, each with in major metropolitan centers.
- Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries: A site with information on the state of Oregon employment laws rights regulations, job and wage information and related links.
- Diversity Web is a great resource for diversity in higher education.
- Gender issue resources from the Affirmative Action and Diversity (AAD) Project from the University of California Santa Barbara English Department.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) was established by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and began operating on July 2, 1965. The EEOC enforces the principal federal statutes prohibiting employment discrimination.
- Bibliography of Multicultural Sources compiled by Affirmative Action here at PCC contains bibliography information on many topics.
Free Speech and the Right to Assembly
The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
- Resources for information on Free Speech in media law
- Issues and topics on the First Amendment including decisions by the Supreme Court
- Online library of books and articles on Freedom of Speech