Faculty Diversity Internship Program
Elisabeth Davidson | 971-722-5840
2014-2015 Cohort Application
For best consideration, completed applications should be sent via email by 5pm on July 30, 2014. The deadline for all applications is August 8, 2014.
The Faculty Diversity Internship Program (FDIP) is designed for individuals interested in pursuing a teaching career at Portland Community College. Participants are paired with a faculty mentor to receive training and classroom teaching experience through a three term internship program. PCC is committed to attracting applicants from racially, culturally, and ethnically diverse communities who aspire to become community college faculty.
- Valuable connections with a faculty mentor and PCC;
- $500 stipend for each of fall and winter terms and adjunct faculty compensation for one class, spring term;
- Increased knowledge, skill, and teaching expertise;
- Development of critical teaching pedagogy, learning strategies, multiculturalism, and diversity in community college environments;
- Participation in Diversity and Equity Training, New Faculty Institute, and college-wide diversity programs
Minimum Instructor Qualifications may vary, depending on the faculty intern role.
- Must have completed any formal education requirements in the appropriate discipline(s) before the start of the fall term;
- No prior professional college teaching experience; (Teaching Assistant experience accepted.)
- Strong desire to be a part-time or full-time community college faculty member;
- Must bring cultural competence and diversity to the program