College President Search - Prospective Candidates
January 2013 Update
The Board stopped accepting applications for the College President position on January 10, 2013.
The Board of Directors of Portland Community College seeks nominations and applications for the position of College President to replace current College President, Preston Pulliams, who has announced his retirement, effective June 30, 2013.
The PCC Board of Directors is committed to an open and inclusive process that involves the Board, faculty, staff, students, and members of the broader community. Two important components of this commitment were the community development of a candidate profile and an inclusive process and timeline.
- Candidate Profile
- The candidate profile highlights:
- Challenges and opportunities facing PCC
- Professional and personal characteristics of the College President
- The search process and timeline summarizes the general timeline and includes opportunity for community involvement.
For complete position qualifications and application procedures visit the PCC Employment Opportunities posting:
When visiting the job posting site linked to above, click the "Apply for this posting" button to start an application packet. All application materials must be submitted through this tool.
You may also download a brochure detailing this opportunity:
The following items must be submitted with an application:
- A current resume.
- In a letter of application of six pages or less, candidates should indicate how current and past professional experience has prepared them to address the following:
- How have you been able to increase student access while promoting student success to meet the completion agenda during uncertain budget times?
- Please describe successful K-12 and business partnerships you have established, and what made them successful.
- Please describe your record of successful private fundraising and personal philanthropy with respect to your institution.
- Please describe your experience promoting shared governance.
- Please describe your achievements in increasing the diversity of faculty, staff and students that reflect the demographics of the community.
- How would you address the challenge of offering a program mix that serves high school students, college students, adult learners, businesses and the community at large?
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. To receive maximum consideration, applications should be submitted by January 18, 2013, as the Search Committee will select those who will be invited for an interview shortly after that date.
Learn more about Portland Community College
For confidential inquiries, contact Community College Search Services (CCSS-us.net):
Dr. Michael Viera, Search Consultant
For further inquiries please contact:
Assistant to the PCC President
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body.