The President shall appoint an Investment Officer who will perform the following investment functions for the college:
- Preserve the investment capital and principal.
- Maintain sufficient liquidity to enable Portland Community College to meet all operating requirements, which might be reasonably anticipated.
- Diversify to prevent incurring avoidable risks regarding specific security types, industries or individual financial institutions.
- Strive to maintain the maximum rate of return throughout budgetary and economic cycles given the constraints and spirit of this policy.
- Establish guidelines and procedures for investments pursuant to ORS Chapter 294